I picked this old meme at The Broke and the Bookish since I really liked the topic. Hope to do more Top ten tuesdays.
1. Enid Blyton – my first favourite author. I really love her books and still like to read them. She is always going to be my most favourite author ever. I had a post on her books here.
2. J. K. Rowling – Her Harry Potter series is my most favourite series. I can re-read the series any number of times without getting bored. I have written enough about this series already on my blog
3. J.R.R. Tolkien – Hobbit and Lord of the rings are probably the best epic fantasy books ever written. Such creativity! I am also liking the song and ice series now (Recently finished A Game of Thrones).
4. Herge – Tintin happens to my most favourite graphical novel ever. It is so full of adventure and humor that I like to read it again and again.
5. George Orwell – His books are too good and so well written that he is one of the best authors I have ever read.
6. Isaac Asimov – Sci-fi happens to be my most favourite genre and he excels in that genre. According to me, he is the best sci-fi writer.
7. A.A. Milne – Winnie-the-pooh books are the cutest books I have ever read and probably I am going to gift them to every child I can in this world. Every child must read his books.
8. Michael Crichton – Sci-fi+thrillers – who can beat him in this genre. My favourites are the Jurassic Park series. If the movies were good, the books were mind-blowing. Never read anything that fantastic.
9. John Green – My most recent favourite. I read all 4 books by him last year and loved all of them. Best young adult author, at least for me.
10. Nicholas Sparks – I have only read and liked romantic novels written by him. I have tried reading other romantic novels, but never got to like any of them. So he is the one I go for when I want something romantic to read.
So who is your favourite author? Which authors are you thankful for?